1. I will never understand everything
2. Being Black means something whether one thinks it does or not.
3. I never want to want a cookie for recognizing and/or acting on injustice.
4. My own racist/sexist/homophobic/etc thoughts need to be recognized, owned up to, then eliminated the best I can.
5. It turns out that Yeshua (Jesus) was right. I do have to be willing to give up everything, friends, family, expectations, to do what is right.
6. Punishing and berating myself isnt the same thing as humility